Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #141

Gabba Gabba Hey! Shadow Shot Sunday!


Hi and welcome to SSS. If you’d like to join in, please do. How? Shoot a shadow, post it on your blog on Sunday (or close to Sunday), add your link to Mr Linky, and visit other players. First-time participants are required to click HERE for further info before submitting links. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the shadows!

Shadow Gallery


The Shooters:
1. Dianne 2. Amanda 3. GalleryJuana 4. Jabblog 5. Catherine 6. FredaMans 7. RhodeIslandDailyPhoto 8. Genden 9. Lani


The Shooters:
1. Kelly 2. Karen 3. Anne 4. Dimple 5. MissBecky 6. Sally 7. NatureOzarks 8. CraftyGardener 9. Anjoe


The Shooters:
1. Alissa 2. Rantis 3. Angela 4. Generik 5. ReallyRainey 6. Eden 7. Anna(Muchlove) 8. FaithHope... 9. Chie

Heres' my Shadow Shot(s) Sunday #141




These fishy specimens are on display at the Seaside Museum located on beautiful Bribie Island. A little bit creepy to me but some nice shadows were to be found.


My favourtie shadow from my visit to the museum was the one cast along the concrete just outside the entrance thanks to the clever and cool stencil sign.

I'll be away over the next couple of days with internet access limited only to my iphone, so unfortunatley I'll not be able to visit participants this week. So if anybody makes a boo boo when entering their link into Mr Linky, just enter another link with the words 'correct link' next to it because I wont be able to edit and fix any links this weekend. And if the Mr Linky site goes down (as has been happening a bit of late) leave your link in the comments section so others can find you. So I hope everyone has a super weekend and I'll see all next SSS!

Happy Sunday!

Shadow Shot Sunday Participants
1. Sweet Repose
2. Lisa's RetroStyle
3. Catherine
4. Magical Mystical Teacher
5. Jill, Mississippi
6. Arija, Australia
7. Ralph
8. Yoshi, Japan
9. robin-one still frame
10. John
11. Shadow Catcher
12. Joops
13. Nostalgic Marveling
14. Spice Up Your Life
15. Rhode Island Daily Photo
16. Chubskulit
17. Ebie, CA
18. Quiltworks, Boston, USA
19. BLOGitse
20. Generik
21. VRINDA
22. Bev, Canada
23. Anne
24. Sylvia K
25. Around California
26. Miss Becky
27. Lani in HongKong
28. Molokai Girl
29. Wayne
30. Karen
31. Alissa
32. Rajesh, India
33. Molly Golver
34. Dimple
35. Quasi Serendipita
36. Clara
37. Birgitta
38. CanadianGardenJoy
39. Cassie~Arizona
40. Gemma @ Greyscale
41. Rinkly Rimes
42. Sue
43. Sarah Wallis
44. kasia {kasiabear}
45. fairchildstreet
46. Magical Mystical Teacher~Encore
47. Kay, Alberta, Canada
48. Kathy Matthews OR USA
49. Crazy as a Cool Fox (Salem MA)
50. Emma @ Happy Snaps
51. Vicki IN USA
52. GVK, Mysore, India
53. Jo Williams Photography
54. Made By Gen
55. Jeri
56. vickie@paintordig
57. jazzbumpa
58. Angie, West Australia
59. dianne
60. Long Island Daily Photo,USA
61. Margaret Gosden, USA
62. The Gardening Life
63. Joanna in Victoria
64. Kelly's Thoughts and Ramblings
65. Julie
66. Boonie
67. Sandrine-Australia
68. Paz's New York Minute
69. Carmen's Chronicles
70. Wick Daily Photo
71. anjoe, Denmark
72. HOOTIN' ANNI [mermaid]
73. Eden, Australia
74. DawnTreader, Sweden
75. alexa in nyc, usa
76. Laura, NH, USA
77. MMT~Take 3!
78. Kathe W.
79. maryt/the teach
80. Freda Mans
81. joan
82. Christine
83. Maboe
84. BChalet
85. Angela
86. Heather
87. Ginger,Buddy n Shadow
88. Leena
89. Memores and Magic
90. Patricia - USA
91. { Elena }
92. E Makes Art
93. FiveSibes
94. J Bar, Sydney, Australia
95. ~Really Rainey~
96. Karen@JustCallMeGrace
97. Junie
98. Coloring Outside the Lines
99. Flower Photography

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Edit Tuesday Morning:
Mr Linky is now closed for this week and is having a sleep. Thank you!

70 comments:

Arija said...

Poor little sea creatures stuck in glass jars.
Small wonder they were mere shadows of themselves.

Wherever you are going, have a great time.

sarayutouched said...

very interesting shadows this week tracy...the little sea horse jumped out at me.

have a great week or two of little internet access.

Cindy said...

I love the glass bottle shadows. Have a nice weekend!
Cindy

Ebie said...

Me, too, I love the different shapes of the bottles!

chubskulit said...

Visiting a museum is always a delight! Have a great weekend Traci.

BLOGitse said...

Your turn to have internet problems - I had technical problem last weekend, couldn't even read my blogs.
We're watching Al Jazeera - revolution in Egypt, over 50.000 people in the heart of Cairo.
I don't understand why Mubarak is not listening, stand down!
huh!

Have a good week ahead!

Generik said...

She blinded me with science!

I'm a sucker for museums and science-related stuff. This isn't creepy, it's cool! Love it.

Beverley Baird said...

What a strange sight for a museum - does make great shadows though.
Have a wonderful week!

frayedattheedge said...

Weird and wonderful shadows! Thanks for including me in the collage!

Miss Becky said...

oh this is just the sort of place I'd like to spend time. I love the vintage look of the specimen jars. great shadows Tracy! have a great week.

Karen said...

Oh, I was glad to read these are in a museum, I was thinking, strange thing for someone to collect ;)
They are interesting and there is some great play with light and shadows.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Tracy my dear, your shadow shots are lovely! I love the yellow shades and the chance at peeking into those old jars and the bizarre fishies they hold.

Congratulations on all the front page etsy love you've been receiving!

mollygolver said...

I like the Seaside Museum shadow sign on the concrete. Love the marine colour.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Hope you're off having a WONDERFUL weekend!

I love your creepy cool dead critter SSs! I really like the containers they are in.

I didn't even realize the sign was a SS til you said so and I had another look...very cool...and not at all creepy :)

Clara said...

I love the round shadows from the glass jars that have the spot of light in the center. Very cool.

Serendipity said...

Those jars are really rather spooky!

Dimple said...

Rather strange, except that they are in a museum, but wonderful shadows!
Thanks for including me in the Shadow Gallery!

Cassie said...

Oh I think they are cool shadows Tracy. I hope your journey away from your computer will include some fun time! happy SSS to you, aNd, thanks for hosting this meme. I sure enjoy it!!

Greyscale Territory said...

The little sea creatures look as if they are examples of the variety to be found round Moreton Bay. I would find them creepy too, but they jars create interesting shadows!

Have fun away! I was thinking that I can't remember when you've been away except when you moved!

sue said...

Lovely stars in some shadows Tracy. I'm glad they've kept the old jars with yellowing labels. Fascinating. Enjoy your break - hopefully not in the direction of the brewing cyclone?

Sarah said...

I love these. The jars of sad sea creatures look fascinating and I like the idea of a seaside museum a lot! Hope you have fun wherever you are.

kasiabear said...

just love museums..
so much cool stuff to look at..

love the museum sign shadow!!

fairchildstreet said...

Exactly what I thought of at first, creepy!. Charmaine

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tracy,

Very interesting ... I am glad that you showed us the bottles.

Have a great week, and thank you so much for having SSS. On my post today there are a lot of photos that my granddaughter and I took yesterday ... some shadows; more reflections. I just wanted you guys to see her work too.

Take care and God bless,

Kathy

Crazy as a Cool Fox said...

We seem to have a theme going, my shadow shot is from a museum too.

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

Oooo, me likey, boy would those bottled critters look grand in my specimen cupboard, strange, but good!
OK, so I'm a little sick in the head, but boy is it fun!!!

Have a great week Tracy, enjoy them grasshoppers...have you tried them in olive oil, you could be your own saving grace...I know YUCK...BUGS!!!

sharon

MyMaracas said...

Wow, what great finds. I love the bottled fish with their faded, handwritten labels. Creepy, but awesome. And the sign shadow is perfect.

Thanks again for fixing my link last week. Hope you enjoy your time away.

Woody said...

Museums with jars of things always fascinate me, great shadows!

GVK said...

Here is a case where I prefer the shadow over substance.

Gengen said...

Oh that is cool! Happy SSS!

mississippi artist said...

You are right they are creepy, but very interesting.

Dianne said...

hope you have a wonderful time

I love the way light plays on glass

Jeri ~ said...

Very interesting shadows this week! Happy SSS!!

Angie said...

Love the look of old specimen jars & the shadow on the concrete is great. Have a wonderful week.

Lily Hydrangea said...

that stencil shadow really is amazing! & the collage shadows seem especially amazing this week as well.
Nice work everyone.
Have a great week shadow hunting friends!
& thank you Tracy for hosting this meme.
: )

Jo Williams Photography said...

Love the stencil shadow! I agree with you on the creepiness of the other images, but still good shadows.
Have a fab week Tracy.

Joanna said...

The light in the photo is lovely,and the shadows, but I don't much care for the pickled creatures.

Julie (Legacy Crafter) said...

interesting they are!

Kelly said...

Just a wee bit creepy, yes...but fascinating! At least they aren't human parts!!

Thanks for including my humble dog crate shadow in your collage this week.

Enjoy your time away and see you next Sunday!

Paula Scott said...

As strange as those fishy specimens seem, I find them fascinating and probably would've gotten in trouble there as I would've tried for some macro shots (the sea horse in particular).
I hope you have a great rip and am looking forward to see what you've captured!

Sandrine said...

Hope you will have a good time away!
I can not help but feel sorry for those little fishies!
I am enjoying looking at those snow shadows hmmmmm :)
Have fun x

Paz said...

yes, a bit creepy but nice shadows, indeed. have a good weekend.

paz

Anonymous said...

w4gw4eg

Boonie S said...

I wish you a good journey and time away. Thanks for taking such good care of this meme in your absence. We all owe you a lot.
Take care.

All the best, Boonie

anjoe playhouse said...

A little bit creepy to me too! I remember all such glasses from my school time back in the 1960's!!
But you are right, they bring lots of shadows ;-)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

I really like the eerie 'feeling' of all these. Don't ask why. LOL

Eden said...

These are nice shadows.
Thank you for including my photo in your collage.

Have a great week.

debra morris said...

Just found your blog, beautiful shots!

DawnTreader said...

With the camera I too am drawn to all kinds of odd things I normally would just pass by.

Have a great week.

LauraX said...

fascinating shadows Tracy!

Alexa said...

I love pix of fish dead or alive, and these are so cool. It all looks very 19th century. Hope you have a lovely offline weekend!

toby said...

What a gorgeous gallery you have this week! It's really bright and inviting. And I agree - your fishy shadows are a wee bit creepy, but intriguing. Have a great week!!

Kathe W. said...

tiny bit creepy, but also look like littel gems. Great shadow shot!

http://kathewsnapaday.blogspot.com/2011/01/photo-30.html

fredamans said...

Thank you for adding Ewok to the showcase Harriet! Lovely photos in each.
LOVE your museum shots, very cool!

Joan said...

Yes, a bit creepy indeed.
Great shadows though. :)

Hooked on Memes said...

Very cool!

Angela said...

Great photography - - things I wouldn't even consider as subjects until seen here. Love all the pretty winter shots. Thanks for the link opportunity.

Becky Chalet said...

Would never think of it as shadow hadn't you mentioned of the stencil sign. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Linky won't link me so here it is:http://morethanamile-morethanamile.blogspot.com/2011/01/20110131-autumn-in-winter.html Thank you.

Heather said...

I ADORE these shots Tracy!! The museum sign is especially cool!!

I hope you'll be gone having a fun adventure! Be safe and we'll see you next week!! <3

Aksharaa said...

Must have been intersting, that visit to the museum?
Very lovely shadow shots this week. Hope u will like ours:)

Darcel said...

Been a while since I've played along. Love the shadow pictures. Very creative.

Emakesart said...

ewww...kinda creeped out by the jars. I sound like such a girl! LOL!! Love the shadow from the sign...very clever! See you next week!

xoEsther

FiveSibesMom said...

Very interesting shadow shots! It's cool to see just where we can capture shadows! We've posted some on Mother Nature's Winter art...hope you enjoy them!

Mama Zen said...

Cool shots!

Karen said...

Hey, Harriet! Yippee! This is the first time I've participated in SSS. Wrote a post about wanting to be a part of your weekly party for over a year, but didn't yet have a blog. Looking forward to viewing the other participants' work. blessings on your day!

Anonymous said...

w4gw4eg

Anonymous said...

w4gw4eg

M.Kate said...

Nice shadow T! On the first glance...I thought, oh no...not T's false teeth on SSS hahaha :) Ya, a bit creepy but still fun anyway....we are so busy with the Chinese New Year festival here,enjoy the break ..tata for now.

Christine said...

Great shadow shots, Tracy! Especially the sign. Wasn't able to join this week (bummer), hopefully next (yay!). Have a good week, wherever you are.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tracy, I just learned about the cyclone and want you to know that I am praying for you guys to be safe and sheltered from the storm. God bless you, my friend.

Kathy