Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #143

Gabba Gabba Hey! Shadow Shot Sunday!


Hi and welcome to SSS. If you’d like to join in, please do. How? Shoot a shadow, post it on your blog on Sunday (or close to Sunday), add your link to Mr Linky, and visit other players. First-time participants are required to click HERE for further info before submitting links. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the shadows!

Shadow Gallery
A selection of some of the submissions from last Sunday


The Shooters:
1. Toni 2. LongIslandDailyPhoto 3. KathyMatthews 4. JohnMcElveen 5. Leena 6. HyacinthsForTheSoul 7. Wayne 8. HartfordDailyPhoto 9. fairchildstreet


The Shooters:
1. Spadoman 2. HelenMac 3. Robin 4. Alan 5. Gumnut 6. Yoshi 7. Ebie 8. Jeri 9. BChalet


The Shooters:
1. OnThisSideOfTown 2. Kuusela 3. Eden 4. Celine 5. Arlene'sJoys 6. Lisa'sRetroStyle 7. MickieBrown 8. QuasiSerendipita 9. BLOGitse

Heres' my Shadow Shot Sunday #143


Always interesting exhibitions at the Museum of Brisbane. And shadows!


[The Stoke logo designed by Mike Palm - Agent Orange]

A fascinating exhibition all about the Brisbane skate scene. More information and some short videos can be found HERE if you are interested in checking it out.

Happy Sunday!

Shadow Shot Sunday Participants
1. Sweet Repose
2. Lisa's RetroStyle
3. Jill, USA
4. Magical Mystical Teacher
5. GFunk and the Duke
6. Rajesh, India
7. robin-one still frame
8. Quasi Serendipita
9. Dina -Jerusalem
10. Ralph
11. Catherine, Mexico
12. Maboe, rett link
13. Chubskulit
14. Arija, Australia
15. Spice Up Your Life
16. John
17. Nostalgic Marveling
18. BLOGitse
19. Around California
20. Sylvia K
21. Yoshi, Japan
22. Miss Becky
23. DawnTreader, Sweden
24. Molly Golver
25. Lucka, Lomnice, CZ
26. Alissa
27. Molokai Girl
28. Vicki IN USA
29. EG Wow, Canada
30. The Summer KItchen Girls
31. Millie
32. Anne
33. Nature Ozarks, AR, USA
34. JC
35. Lani in Taipei
36. ** Create With Joy - Luminousity **
37. Rose
38. Bexar County
39. Kathy Matthews OR USA
40. Birgitta
41. RamblingWoods
42. Freda Mans
43. Tom Hilton
44. Crafty Green Poet (Over 40 Shades)
45. CABBAGEHEAD JELLYFISH
46. Bev, Canada
47. Wayne
48. Christine
49. Fairchild Street
50. Gallery Juana
51. Clara
52. Cassie~Arizona
53. Sue @ Jumping Aground
54. Spadoman
55. Gemma @ Greyscale
56. CanadianGardenJoy
57. Rantis, Swe
58. Laura, NH, USA
59. toby
60. Emma @ Happy Snaps
61. vickie@paintordig
62. Photoblogista, CA
63. Margaret Gosden, USA
64. vickie@paintordig
65. Rinkly Rimes
66. Mickie Brown
67. Gumnut
68. Gengen
69. Gunsside, Norway
70. Just Like Martha
71. Sallie (FullTime-Life)
72. GVK, Mysore, India
73. Angie, West Australia
74. Jeri
75. Crazy as a Cool Fox (Salem MA)
76. Kay, Alberta, Canada
77. Yogi's Den
78. Jo Williams Photography
79. Long Island Daily Photo,USA
80. Kuusela Finland
81. alexa in nyc, usa
82. Lighthousegal
83. Heather
84. Eden, Australia
85. Eat,Pray,Blog
86. anjoe, Denmark
87. Urban Muser
88. HelenMac
89. Kelly's Thoughts and Ramblings
90. Magical Mystical Teacher~Encore
91. BChalet
92. Molly's Country Memories
93. jazzbumpa (new blog)
94. Judy
95. maryt/theteach
96. Kathe W.
97. Square Peg Guy
98. Polish Mom Photographer
99. E Makes Art
100. Darcel @ Memories and Magic
101. Junie
102. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
103. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA, 2nd entry
104. amanda.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Edit Monday Evening:
Mr Linky is now closed for this week and is having a sleep. Thank you!

68 comments:

sarayutouched said...

you have many interesting things going on around you...i would have to travel for museums, arts, culture. and when it's cold like this...not much traveling happens for this girl.

anyway...cool shadows. have a great week ahead tracy!!

Catherine said...

lovely collages as usual and love the skateboarding shot...

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

My Grandson would definitely be diggin' this expo, he's a manager at skateboard store in a local mall...SWEET, as he would say! He's got the scars to prove his love of the boards...boyz!!!

Have a great Sunday Tracy!!!

Ralph said...

The skateboards seem out of place on the wall, instead of people darting about the city. Being displayed is a blessing for the hapless pedestrians that won't be in the way of these wheeled devices. With cool shadows on the wall!

BLOGitse said...

Not skateboarding but how about skiing on sea ice in spring when the sun's shining and world is full of hope again? That's what I'm planning to do when back in Finland (end of March)!

Sylvia K said...

What fun shadow shots, Tracy! Hope your have a great week! Enjoy! Thanks for teaching us to play with the shadows!!

Sylvia

Miss Becky said...

hey, cool shadows Tracy. I love the name of the exhibition - The Stoke!
Have a great week Tracy, and thanks for hosting SSS.

mollygolver said...

Fantastic shadows Tracy and also the mini pics of the others too!

Dina said...

Neat how your shadow wheels get so big.
My grandson in Los Angeles is only 6 but he is into skateboarding. When I have to watch the videos of his tricks at the skateboard parks, I almost have a heart attack.

Paula Scott said...

Since my son skateboards, I certainly have been in more contact with this 'culture'. I have a lot of admiration for these kids as it takes discipline and courage to get to a point to do a lot of the neat tricks. Which also teaches them how to make and meet goals.
Now, to go check out those videos!

MyMaracas said...

Great shadow shot! Love it in black and white.

frayedattheedge said...

An unusual and interesting exhibition!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tracy, great choice! Have a wonderful week and Happy Valentine's Day. Take care and God bless,
Kathy

Millie Price said...

What a fun exhibit. My son is young, but tries his best to skate like the big boys. He'd love to attend an exhibit like this!

☺lani☺ said...

Great shadows, happy weekend!

Marvin said...

Nice shot of the skateboards. There's little skateboarding in our rocks. Even town has almost no sidewalks or other smooth, hard surfaces.

chubskulit said...

I see so much fun on those shadows. Have a great weekend Tracy!

Tom Hilton said...

Great shadows. And I think it's hilarious (and awesome) that there's a museum exhibit on skateboarding.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

I must say I really appreciate you making the weekly collages with the shadows here and there....I missed a few, and I'm always tempted to check 'em out.

Have a glorious weekend.

Beverley Baird said...

Great shadows! Here we would be wartching snow boarders!
Your collage of shadows for the week is great as always!
have a wonderful week!

Christine said...

I love your shadow photo, Tracy. My son is an avid skateboarder so I'm going to send your link to him so he can check out the show.
And as always that is quite a gallery of shadow photographers. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me so I may not make it around to everyone, but you're all GREAT in my book!

Woody said...

I like the arrangement and shadows of the skateboard. Monochrome is a good choice!

Gallery Juana said...

I can see from the photo montage that there were some fun shadows last week.

I remember having a skateboard:) They're definitely more advanced now and much the sport. That looks like an interesting exhibition.

Hope you are doing well on your side of the world and you've got all caught up with life. I know how that is... I spent last week hibernating so I could finish my work for an upcoming exhibition.

And thank you for featuring my dried flower in the photo montage from a couple of weeks ago.

cheers to the coming week!

Cassie said...

My son used to be the king of skateboarding in our old neighborhood...Of course, he's 40 and fat now, so that title has been relinquished! hehe.

sue said...

I'm impressed you found time to do the collages again, they're great, thankyou.

I can see I've still got a way to go looking for shadows, I'm sure I'd have missed the skateboards.

John said...

I see some action on your shadow shot!

Spadoman said...

Dude! Cool shadows! Skaters rock! My Grandson has two boards and wants another for his birthday in March. He's gettin' pretty good. I love the shadows cast by the wheels.

Peace

Greyscale Territory said...

An exciting, unusual exhibition this must be! The vertical, shadowed skateboards create a sense of energy in action! Very creative!

Hope your busy world is calming a little and you have some dreaming time! (I know! Hard to find! Sometimes I actually schedule it!)

Have a wonderful weekend!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Tracy girl there is something about that shot that has me thinking .. maybe we Canadians can invent a new skateboard with little skis instead of wheels ?? now would that be hilarious !! Cabin crazies have me in their grip !! LOL
Joy

Camilla (Rantis) said...

wow, cool shot of the skateboards...

LauraX said...

Such fun shadows Tracy!

toby said...

I've definitely never seen skateboards in a museum before :)
Have a great week!

Emma said...

Great shadows Tracy, I'll bet that's going to be a pretty popular exhibit at the museum.

As usual you've done a fab job with the collages. Thanks for hosting :)

mississippi artist said...

Your shots are always so interesting-you have such a good eye for unusual shots.

forgetmenot said...

Here I am again! Always fun to see the creative things people post. Thanks for coming up with this meme. Mickie

Gengen said...

The museums that i visited before do not have skateboards that is interesting...Happy SSS!

Just like Martha said...

Great shots Tracy, looks like a fab exhibition...have a great week!

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Nice shadows! So, you have skate boarding there, too!

GVK said...

Creative post.

Jeri ~ said...

Love the skateboards!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a fun exhibition! Love the skateboard shadows....roll on baby!
Have a great week Tracy!

Kay L. Davies said...

Skateboards in a museum! Wow!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Lily Hydrangea said...

Skateboards remind me of Summer!
How original to display them in a museum.
& Cool shadow captures Tracy.
Thanks for hosting this fun meme.
Hope your week is a good one.
: )

Arija said...

Great, those skateboards throw such delightfully diverse shadows.

Cheers . . . Arija

Jeanette said...

I like the shadows that the skateboards are making, especially the wheels. Nice shot, as always.

indicaspecies said...

Interesting set of skateboards there, and their shadows.

Crazy as a Cool Fox said...

My post will be getting a grave review. lol.

Heather said...

Happy Sunday!
This is really a cool shot. I love it when the shadow is something you would normally miss. I'd love to check out this exhibition. Too bad I'm so far away. =/
Hope you have a great week!!

Eden said...

Love it. Fantastic skateboard shadows.

Have a great Sunday, Tracy!

anjoe playhouse said...

I've never tried skateboard and think it most safe just to watch them at a museum :-D
Great SSS photo!

urban muser said...

Happy SSS!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I bet that Museum exhibition draws some not-so-usual visitors! Which I think is great.

Those skateboard shapes do make fascinating shadows.

Thanks as always for hosting SSS Tracy -- I'm glad to be back!

Kelly said...

An unexpected photo with unexpected shadows....but I like it! What an interesting exhibit it must have been!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If skateboards were mere shadows, I wouldn't have to dodge 'em!

A SEEKER OF SHADOWS

A seeker of shadows one day
Asked shadows to come out and play:
“O shadows, my dears,
Despite all my fears,
I hope you will not run away.”


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Subtle Shadows

helenmac said...

I choked when I saw them! Very good shadow shot!

Kathe W. said...

air yie yie,- sorry I posted twice by accident...ooopsy.
Love your skateboard shadows!

Square Peg Guy said...

Glad to see that you're still doing shadow shots. I took some time off to enjoy the cold weather. Sometimes I just like to Be in the moment and not shoot it.

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

I love museums. Cool shadows, thanks for sharing.

momphotographer said...

great shot! what camera do you use?!

momphotographer said...

great shot! what camera do you use?!

Emakesart said...

My brother would love this! He's really into skateboarding as has worked for many skateboard companies. It's so nice to see your fantastic photo mosiacs again, I didn't realize how much I missed them! Have a good week.

xoEsther

Sam said...

Rad post dude! Ha ha that's my skater talk for the month! No, seriously it is a good shot that - I've said it once and I'll say it again - you have some cool exhibitions up there in Brisbane I'm very jealous!!!

So lovely to see the collages back again this week - must go check out that one with the two ginger toms!!!

Our weather was fairly decent this weekend - hope yours was OK too - no more wild weather I hope!

Hope your week is a goody! XOXO's

Darcel @ MemoriesandMagic said...

How creative! I like the detail of the skateboards with the hint of shadows around them.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Who knew that skateboards were an art form? You learn something every day. Neat!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

How fun! I love it when the everyday, fringe, or unexpected are examined in a new light. Cool exhibit...sweet SS.

Arlene said...

oh i miss the linky again. it was a very busy weekend at work. :(

id appreciate you droppin by!

have a nice week ahead!

momphotographer said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog, and thans for answering my question about the kind of camera you used to take this pictures,
have a great Monday!

picciolo said...

Your photo is very atmospheric, sounds like a good exhibition
: )