Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #145

Gabba Gabba Hey! Shadow Shot Sunday!


Hi and welcome to SSS. If you’d like to join in, please do. How? Shoot a shadow, post it on your blog on Sunday (or close to Sunday), add your link to Mr Linky, and visit other players. First-time participants are required to click HERE for further info before submitting links. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the shadows!

Shadow Gallery
A selection of some of the submissions from last Sunday


The Shooters:
1. EGwow 2. Catherine 3. Anne 4. Alexa 5. LynetteKillam 6. Anjoe 7. MissBecky 8. Dina@4lettrewords 9. Generik


The Shooters:
1. KatheW 2. TaniaPalermo 3. AngelaNZ 4. CraftyGardener 5. Cassie 6. Sunnymama 7. Dimple 8. Boonie 9. MadeByGen


The Shooters:
1. Kelly 2. Anka 3. NatureOzarks 4. eMakesArt 5. Kristin 6. Laurie 7. Dianne 8. Chie 9. Francisca

Here's my Shadow Shot Sunday #145


A shadow and some reflections thanks to this delightful disco ball which is part of the display at the Pine Rivers Heritage Museum in Old Petrie Town. Imagine some KC & the Sunshine Band spinning on an old record player & shake your booty this weekend. Or not. It's just a suggestion. Shake shake shake, shake your booty!

Happy Sunday!

Shadow Shot Sunday Participants
1. Sweet Repose
2. Lisa's RetroStyle
3. Magical Mystical Teacher
4. Jill, USA
5. Dina -Jerusalem
6. Ralph
7. Rajesh, India
8. Crafty Green Poet
9. BLOGitse
10. GITTAN SWEDEN
11. Maboe
12. Chubskulit
13. Kramer
14. John
15. Rose
16. Lani in Taipei
17. robin-one still frame
18. Yoshi, Japan
19. Nostalgic Marveling
20. Catherine, Mexico
21. Spice Up Your Life
22. SUYL - right link
23. Sylvia K
24. Anne
25. Miss Becky
26. Carolina Mountains
27. Barbara Finwall
28. CanadianGardenJoy
29. Crafty Gardener, Canada
30. Kay, Alberta, Canada
31. Bev, Canada
32. Kathy Matthews OR USA
33. Hyde Daily Photo
34. EG Wow, Canada
35. maryt/theteach
36. fairchildstreet
37. Alissa
38. DawnTreader, Sweden
39. Gemma @ Greyscale
40. Claire @ Scissors Paper Rock
41. BUTTERFLY [hootin' anni]
42. Clytie - Random Stuff
43. anka @ happy hang around
44. Birgitta - in Europe
45. Cassie ~ Arizona
46. Sue...CollectInTexasGal
47. Jo Williams Photography
48. Sue @ Jumping Aground
49. Kristin
50. Faith Hope & a whole lotta Love
51. Wayne
52. Jeri
53. Dina @ 4 Lettre Words
54. Laura, NH, USA
55. Molokai Girl
56. GVK, Mysore, India
57. Angie, West Australia
58. Gengen
59. CrazyasCoolFox (Salem MA)
60. Angi, Southwest Cottage Designs
61. Eden,Australia
62. Christine
63. Mickie Brown
64. Spadoman
65. alexa in nyc, usa
66. Vernz, Phils.
67. E Makes Art
68. Gracia Fashionista
69. anjoe, Denmark
70. Happy Snaps
71. Rantis, Swe
72. Sarah Wallis
73. Antonella
74. Magical Mystical Teacher~Again
75. Patti V.
76. Kelly's Thoughts and Ramblings
77. joan
78. jazzbumpa (new blog)
79. Square Peg Guy
80. Mira Crisp:Shadows of Italy
81. Kathe W.
82. Freda Mans
83. amanda.
84. VioletSky
85. HelenMac
86. Lynette Killam
87. Jane at Levant
88. Margaret's Miscellany
89. Barbara Finwall
90. Carola, Germany
91. Polish Mom Photographer
92. Family Love
93. Molly Golver
94. Franius - Roma (Italy)
95. srp
96. Maria Berg, Sweden
97. Urban Muser
98. Judy
99. Photoblogista, CA
100. Long Island Daily Photo
101. Meri @ Playing Along
102. Kathe W.
103. natalie pozniak
104. diane stanley
105. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
106. Clara

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Edit Monday Evening:
Mr Linky is now closed for this week and is having a sleep. Thank you!

67 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha! Shall try to-though the rainy weather is making me want to have tea and cake rather than shake my booty! I keep missing shadow shot Sunday though it is in my mind each week! I hope to make it back soon!

Dina said...

A very cool, fun, unusual shadow and light maker! Your advice has me shaking with laughter.

BLOGitse said...

Hi Tracy, greetings from Sydney!
Oh what a busy but lovely time we've had here.
I've shot hundreds of pics already and more coming every day...
We had the birthday party today but no booty shaking this time :)
I remember those disco balls - I was a DJ many, many years ago! :)
Happy Sunday!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If I shook my booty, I'd probably shake everything else loose too!

sarayutouched said...

i loves me some kc and the sunshine band. the song will be in my head today...i'll be shaking my booty down the grocery aisle for sure!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tracy, that's cool! I remember those days. I know that people make fun of those times, but they sure were fun. I love watching old John Travolta movies and remembering when. I guess that dates me.

Happy SSS. I'll post soon.

God bless,

Kathy

Catherine said...

what a wondeful glitter ball to put us all in the party mood this weekend!! Lovely collages!Greetings from Mexico - soon to be the French Riviera as of August!

frayedattheedge said...

I'm shaking it, I'm shaking it!! Super photo! Thanks for including me in the collage.

Miss Becky said...

now you're taking me back to the 80's when I used to frequent the disco clubs and shake shake shake my booty until closing hour. you've fabulously captured those glory days in this photo, I tell you. that glow of turquoise is wonderful! thanks for hosting SSS each week Tracy, (and for including me in the gallery, I'm honored) and have a beautiful week!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes!! This does bring back memories of the 80s and dancing the night away!! Terrific post for the day, Tracy!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Imagine a disco ball being in a heritage museum. How funny and wonderful is that? LOL
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ralph said...

The swirling light leaves many a colorful shadow. I wasn't a fan of disco in the day, yet have come to appreciate the dance beat and production qualities of the musical genre. Now I like! There is a local station (107.9) that plays disco on Saturday nights - of course we listen!

Under this light I am imagining another dosco era gem that would be appropriate, 'Boogie Nights' by Heatwave. It's not the songs as the pulsating dance beat...

fairchildstreet said...

ha ha when I saw the photo I thought you had been out disco dancing. Charmaine

Alissa Nicolau said...

Tracy your shadow shot is awesome! Hey, I'm right there dancing with you!! I am in need of a girls night out, when you coming over?!

Greyscale Territory said...

I used to be mesmerised by those disco balls! Love all those turning colours and the sudden flashes of flight! Very stirring for dancing! Adore the blue above the ball!

Hope you are enjoying a great weekend! We were sunny yesterday but wet as wet today!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Oooh! GO the Disco Ball :)
LOVE IT!
xo

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Love it....I'm thinking now about the Bee Gees!!! ...ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive!!

Clytie said...

Oooooh the memories this invokes! What a wonderful disco ball - with fantastic reflections and shadows!

anka said...

Cool shot! I wanted one for at home, but then I realized I would have to move out - my high school room was way too small for that.

Cassie said...

Yep, I've already shaked my booty today. Hehe! Though I never was a discoChick (not coordinated enough) I enjoyed watching the routines. Happy SSS Tracy.

Jo Williams Photography said...

We all love a Disco ball! Very cool. Happy Sunday to you Tracy. Jo

sue said...

Love all the comments! It seems you've taken a whole lot of us back a few years ;) I didn't like discos so much, but loved all the sparkles from the mirror balls that moved over the walls and ceiling.
Lovely photo.

Kristin said...

missed the disco phase but did enjoy john travolta and stayin' alive. posted another shadow shot from the 1930s.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

OMG...has it really been so long since disco that they've put the balls in a museum? Shocking! Fun SS :) Happy weekend Tracy!

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

Makes me think of John Travolta and Saturday Night Fever...what a great show...boy we danced the night away back in the 60's...LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for the memories and have a great week Tracy, keep enjoyin' that summertime!!! Soon for us!

sharon

Faith Hope and a whole lotta Love said...

That is a cool disco ball!! sorry I have been missing in action the past few weeks...so happy to be back! Ciao XO

Woody said...

I'm a little late this week, been working on a construction project. LOL, great shadow shot :-)

Jeri ~ said...

Great shadow! I remember disco balls and KC and shakin' that booty!!!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Thanks so much for including me in such an awesome group of shadows! And, I love your shot for this week. We are HUGE museum goers...and love to shake our booties! :)

chubskulit said...

I love your shadow shot this week. Enjoy your weekend!

LauraX said...

Love your shadow Tracy takes me way, way back in time!!!

Paula Scott said...

Don't let the Dancing With the Stars contestants see THAT disco ball!
Pretty darned cool...

Angie said...

Super shot!! LOVE it!!!

gengen said...

I remember my younger years going to a disco bar. Nice one. Mine is up. Happy SSS!

Crazy as a Cool Fox said...

Disco balls are things of beauty! Love that shot.

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Awesome shadow photos! I love taking shadow pictures. Love this. Happy Weekend!

Eden said...

Fantastic shadow shot. Love it.

It reminds me of their song that was popular in the Phils,That's the way I like it."

Hooked on Memes said...

Wonderful! I remember the disco balls. Those were the days!

forgetmenot said...

How unique!! I just love the disco ball and all the bright colors--the shadow is the "icing". Mickie

Spadoman said...

I am lovin' the Disco Ball! The BeeGees come to mind. I'm Stayin' Alive!

Peace.

Emakesart said...

I love it!!! What a fun and colorful shot! And thanks for including my photo in your collage!! Yay!

Have a great week and don't forget to shake it!!

xoEsther

Emma said...

Great shot! It instantly transported me back to the dances we'd have in high school. Ahh those were the days :)

anjoe playhouse said...

I never been to disco music, but I find it funny that disco balls still are populare in Denmark ;-)
Have a great sunday!

Camilla (Rantis) said...

wow, what a cool shot...

Arlene said...

I love the glitters on the wall. I can hear the loud music.

Antonella said...

I feel old to remember the disco balls... This is a fun shot (yeah, not booty shakin' - lol). Glad to have found you through e makes art. Hugs, antonella :-)

Patti said...

Wonderful capture that brings back memories for me too.

Like Ralph said, we are fans of disco on Saturday nights on the radio.

Believe it or not I have a small disco ball hanging from a hook on the ceiling right over me. Weird, I know! I'll have to take a photo of it.

Glad to be back and seeking shadows with you.

Kelly said...

Hey, I feel like dancing!!! ...or at least singing, since you provided the song to get stuck in my brain for the day.
:)

Thanks for including my triple shadow in your collage this week!

"shake, shake, shake....."

Joan said...

I did love KC & the Sunshine Band!
Disco ball in a museum. Mmmmm. How long ago was that? :)

Kathe W. said...

Great disco ball shadow! Good catch! Now- to put some tunes on and shake!

Square Peg Guy said...

We sometimes refer to disco balls as disco lights.

Pretty cool that a "light" would cast a shadow! I like that irony.

helenmac said...

Love the disco ball shot! And will definitely shake, shake, shake today and maybe tomorrow too!

amanda said...

ooh, i *LOVE* good disco music - what a great shot, and what a lovely thing to see on a cold, snowy, boring morning here.

Sam said...

Your disco ball is gorgeous! Absolutely love KC and the Sunshine band too - classics! The collages are looking decidedly less wintry - the weather must be hotting up a bit in the Northern Hemisphere!

Hope you're well and that evreything up there is settling down a bit - although it will take a while I imagine for it to get back to normal. Have you gone back to work yet? Sam. XOXO's

jane said...

I love glitter what a lovely shot - I have finally managed to post something on to your site - thanks for your E a while ago - x

Julie (Legacy Crafter) said...

What a colorful shadow display! Great shot.
God Bless,
Julie

mollygolver said...

Those colours are out of this world!

srp said...

For me, more like plant, plant, plant... plant those tulips! There... done... too tired to shake the booty.

urban muser said...

ooh, glitter AND shadow, cool!

Judy Sheldon-Walker said...

Brings back memories. We made one in science class in fifth grade. Aren't they pretty?

Lily Hydrangea said...

dancing under a disco ball is always fun!
-especially to KC!
Have a great week Tracy.
: )

Kathe W. said...

couldn't resist a second shadow shot...! Enjoy your day!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Yeah! Shake, shake shake! Art makes life worth living, but dancing makes you able to enjoy it. I do believe that exercise is the true fountain of youth, and dancing is some of my top fave ways to do it. Just thought I'd mention it. How about you? Like to dance?

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Haha! I immediately thought of John Travolta and the Bee Gees.

Great shadow shot.

Victoria said...

Your shot has instantly transported me back to my 8th grade dance, where we indeed shook are little booties to KC! (Seems like yesterday!)

picciolo said...

What a cheery image, I love the movement and the colours
: )

Chrisy said...

exquisito! am off to follow a few of those links...ta dear...