Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #155

Gabba Gabba Hey! Shadow Shot Sunday!


Hi and welcome to SSS. If you’d like to join in, please do. How? Shoot a shadow, post it on your blog on Sunday (or close to Sunday), add your link to Mr Linky, and visit other players. First-time participants are required to click HERE for further info before submitting links. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the shadows!

Shadow Gallery
A selection of some of the submissions from last Sunday


The Shooters:
1. Maboe 2. MagicalMysticalTeacher 3. MolokaiGirl 4. Annie 5. DawnTreader 6. JoWilliamsPhotography 7. MollyGolver 8. Mildred 9. Sallie


The Shooters:
1. Teresa 2. LongIslandDailyPhoto 3. GVK 4. Patricia 5. HelenMac 6. RinklyRimes 7. CanadianGardenJoy 8. Clara 9. Maria'sSpace


The Shooters:
1. Lighthousegal 2. Vaishvvjay 3. Ms.Becky 4. Leovi 5. GalleryJuana 6. SquarePegGuy 7. Jessaca 8. Generik 9. Yogi'sDen

Here's my Shadow Shot Sunday #155


The shadows are very subtle and it appears that I've chopped the head of this lady when taking the photo but I haven't really. The head was already missing...


See? No head! The Gallery of Modern Art security man was too busy playing with his phone to even notice me taking photos. Although I believe photography was permitted in most areas of this exhibition so I wasn't really breaking any rules.

Sorry I wasn't a very good meme host last week with regards to visting and commenting on your shadow posts and it may be that way for the next 2 to 3 weeks as I have a lot of things that need doing right now. So blogging may need to take a backseat for a short while. I'll be continuing with SSS as normal, but I'll just not be as present in a social kind of way for a couple of weeks or so. Thanks so much to you guys for joining in each week and for the lovely comments many of you take the time to leave me. While I'm not always able to respond to them all I certainly do read them and appreciate the messages! So thank you for just being such an awesome, creative and fun bunch of blog buddies! Big hugs! xo

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers celebrating their special day today!

Happy Sunday!

Shadow Shot Sunday Participants
1. Sweet Repose
2. Lisa's RetroStyle
3. Anne
4. Quitlworks in New England
5. Magical Mystical Teacher
6. robin-one still frame
7. Molokai Girl
8. BLOGitse
9. Kuusela Finland
10. Wayne
11. Dina -Jerusalem
12. Chubskulit
13. anka @ happy hang around
14. Ms. Burrito
15. Catherine, Mexico
16. John
17. Sylvia K
18. Kathy Matthews OR USA
19. Rajlakshmi
20. Bev, Canada
21. Ralph
22. Clara
23. F R E J A
24. EG Wow, Canada
25. dianne
26. Martha Z
27. Rose
28. Nostalgic Marveling
29. DawnTreader, Sweden
30. Cassie~farrr North Idaho
31. Laura, NH, USA
32. Vicki - Maraca
33. Dimple
34. Whizkid, India
35. MamaGirl
36. Inside Cambodia
37. Maboe
38. Gallery Juana
39. Ms. Becky
40. Kay, Alberta, Canada
41. CanadianGardenJoy
42. Gemma @ Greyscale
43. Birgitta - foto CHIP
44. Shannara
45. Fairchild Street
46. spadoman
47. cieldequimper
48. Leovi - Ecological Niche
49. Jo Williams Photography
50. Vernz
51. Angie, West Australia
52. GVK, Chennai, India
53. SweetMemoirs
54. Beth P
55. Rinkly Rimes
56. Mickie Brown
57. Jeri
58. Kathe W.
59. Long Island Daily Photo,USA
60. alexa in nyc, usa
61. The Handmade Amoeba
62. angelanz
63. Rajesh, India
64. Point and Shoot
65. amberlee
66. Carola
67. anjoe, Denmark
68. Rossylalah
69. HOOTIN' ANNI [sand & seaweed]
70. Junie
71. Christine
72. Jane at Levant
73. Pheno Menon
74. Square Peg Guy
75. Margaret Gosden, USA
76. Magical Mystical Teacher~Again
77. Xerraire
78. Annabella
79. Eden,Australia
80. PieniLintu
81. Kelly's Thoughts and Ramblings
82. Veronica M.
83. joan
84. Life-n-Reflection
85. Tsunami
86. diane stanley
87. Vaish
88. Freda Mans
89. roseredrose
90. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
91. rosie@travel-i-tales
92. HelenMac
93. Deepthi
94. Jan Halvard, Noruega
95. Kenobiitti - Finland
96. Just Like Martha
97. JEC
98. Colleen@LooseLeafNotes
99. christine
100. CrazyasaCoolFox (Salem MA)
101. Christine, Trinidad CA
102. E Makes Art
103. Bhupesh
104. Shydub

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Edit Monday Evening:
Mr Linky is now closed for this week and is having a sleep. Thank you!

74 comments:

forgetmenot said...

Busy times for everyone. Blogging does take up a lot of time, but it is such fun. Thanks for hosting SSS--it's a great meme. Love your "headless" lady and that subtle shadow she makes. Have a great week. Mickie :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I don't know what the name of this sculpture is, but I hereby christen it "The Ballet of the Headless Skater."

Thanks for including me in the gallery this week!

I HAD A LITTLE SHADOW
(With apologies to Robert Louis Stevenson)

I had a little shadow
No bigger than my thumb;
I took him to the meadow
And there I gave him rum.

My drunken little shadow
Did weave and bob and pitch;
He stumbled from the meadow
And fell into a ditch!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Cloud Shadows

BLOGitse said...

Busy here too. Two rooms painted and the show goes on again on Monday.
Tonight we sleep in our bedroom for a first night walls having new paint...
I SSS posted Bronte beach Sydney cliffs. Have a look even if you don't have time to comment. Those cliffs are so beautiful!
It's Mother's Day in Finland too!

Woody said...

Neat exhibit and nice shadows. This is a busy time of year. Today, I'm photographing my niece's bridal shower and with graduation and college visits in the next few weeks, blogging is going to be a challenge!

Dina said...

Weird--both the headless statue and the guard with his head on the phone.

anka said...

Spooky shadow, where is the head?
Good luck in the weeks to come.

Square Peg Guy said...

OMG, the head is missing!

Thanks for featuring my SS from last week!

Catherine said...

love the subtle shadows in your shot - and wonderful collages as usual - thanks and Greetings from Mexico soon to be Monaco!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tracy,

Well, I'll miss ya, but I'm glad that you are getting lots done.

Your pictures today are very interesting! I love going to museums and taking pictures.

Have a wonderful week, and thanks so much for having SSS for us each week.

God bless,

Kathy M.

Beverley Baird said...

Great shadows and interesting composition! The guard is now famous!
happy Mother's Day!
I know what you mean about time - I haven't had extra time this week to really visit everyone like I wanted to!
Take care.

Dianne said...

I hope all your busy is happy busy :)

love the - see no head

EG Wow said...

Oh my goodness! HEADLESS? Someone must be making a statement here. :))

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous shadows Tracy. happy mother's day too all the Mommies!

Sylvia K said...

Yep, a statement indeed! What a terrific capture, Tracy! I do understand about busy, this move has certainly kept me away from the computer! But I'm pretty settled in now and I hope your next few weeks go well so you can have more time to play!!! Holding good thoughts for you!

Sylvia

Cassie said...

Does this skater just go round in circles without her head?! Interesting sculpture Tracy. Happy SSS to you too, and thanks for being such a gracious hostess.

LauraX said...

I love these graceful, subtle shadows Tracy...beautiful!

whizkid said...

woh! that was a dramatic set of pictures! Have a great week!

MamaGirl said...

Fantastic shadow shot! The headless skater added mystery to the photo. Mine is up now, too. Happy Mother's day and have a great weekend, everyone.

Inside Cambodia said...

I got surprised for a bit there when I realised there was no head! LOL. I love the subtle shadows there.

Gallery Juana said...

Your post about the no head gave me a laugh. Interesting sculpture and the photo with the security guard adds a slight eeriness to the scene.

Thank you for including my shadow shot kitty from last week.

And thanks also for keeping this meme going even when life gets super busy for you.

Hope you're able to get everything done that you have planned.

MyMaracas said...

Strange piece, that, and right at home in the shadows.

I know what you mean about time. I regret that I often fail to visit as many friends as I should, or even to return visits. Life has a way of interfering, and I think everyone understands.

Ms. Becky said...

yes, your shadows are subtle, but it really doesn't take much light to make a shadow does it? this is a most unusual headless dancer/skater.
and no apology needed Tracy - thanks for hosting this wonderful meme each week. have a great weekend.

Mildred said...

Thank you very much for featuring my shot from last week. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Kay L. Davies said...

No head. Hmm. Not sure if I like that idea, but your shadows are great.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

CanadianGardenJoy said...

She lost her head but kept her footing ? hehehe .. hey Tracy girl no worries about being the social butterfly .. we in the northern hemisphere are in full throttle garden mode .. groan moan ache time .. those rotten weeds dared enter my relm ? (spell check isn't working so heaven help what I have typed here ?) Hey thanks for including me with you collages : )
I appreciate the exposure ? LOL
Joy

Greyscale Territory said...

Love your arty shadows! A beautiful, fascinating figure!

No worries about visiting people! You have been such a grand host!

I broke my right arm and jarred all the right side of my body when I fell last Friday, so I'm in heaps of pain! Today is my first day on the computer since then! I can only type with my left hand! So my visits to people will be slow and limited! I do apologise!

Greyscale Territory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birgitta - foto CHIP said...

It's a skater I think but I cannot figure out what kind of moves he makes ;)

Paula Scott said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess! I hope the next few weeks prove to b
e as productive as you need them to be!
What a strange sculpture-the headless one. Too funny with the security guard not paying attention!

Spadoman said...

You should never have told me, I never would have thought anything about cutting off the head. Looks like you planned it that way to get the shadows in!
They are quite subtle and very worth looking for.
Nice job.

Peace

cieldequimper said...

Superb photos, both of them, wonderful movement and the guard is a hoot!

Jo Williams Photography said...

Don't worry Tracey, we all understand how busy life can get at times. Mines very busy at the moment too! Happy Sunday and thanks for featuring last weeks pic. Jo

vernz said...

love the kid in scooter... lovely!

Dimple said...

I like the shadows here, and the sculpture, although what happened to the head is a mystery!

Angie said...

Thats modern art for you! Great shots. Everyone seems busy, I even missed blogging on Thursday - but wouldn't miss SSS. Thanks Tracy.

Kathe W. said...

awesome and creepy headless shadow!

Lily Hydrangea said...

what a fun performance piece!
Hope everything goes smoothly for you Tracy & thanks so much for hosting this dear girl.
: )

toby said...

That is a really cool piece of art! Never fear, we won't turn you in for grabbing a photo :)

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Nice arty shadows. love the shadows cast by the man in the background of the second shot.

Have a great week.

Rinkly Rimes said...

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/05/two-birds.html

And yet not birds at all!

Vhen said...

wow, i love your shadow shot :)

here's mine:

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/05/36521-22-shadow-shot-sunday.html

amberlee said...

Thank you for hosting! I love SSS x

anjoe playhouse said...

You must use your head making these steps ;-)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Neat exhibit!!! [I love breaking rules in museums and art galleries...LOL] Oh, and you visiting and commenting all the time every week?--------it's good to take a break from that. Life does get in the way sometimes.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Neat exhibit!!! [I love breaking rules in museums and art galleries...LOL] Oh, and you visiting and commenting all the time every week?--------it's good to take a break from that. Life does get in the way sometimes.

A Wild Thing@Sweet Repose said...

Boy, I'm with ya on the time thing, especially when it's Spring, so much to do in our lil' growing season. We all feel like caged animals just waiting for the prison doors to be opened...ahhh, spring, glorious spring...FINALLY!!!

Have a great week ahead my friend!

jane said...

Hi - she is skating well for a headless woman - I think I have boobed again mt Train Shadows are not showing up on the link - good luck on your busy weeks ahead - bye for now x

Carola said...

Tracy, you are such a great host. Thanks!
The second shot is awesome. Caught him.

Annabella said...

A shadow sculpture...how lovely. I hope you get through everything you need to do. SSS is such fun and you get to `meet` some lovely people. Happy Mother`s Day.

Eden said...

That's ok, Tracy and thank you for keeping this meme as normal even if you are busy.

Love your shadow shots.

Have a great week.

Veronica said...

Love all the talent on here! Perusing thru a few old posts. Thanks for the link, enjoy your day.

Kelly said...

I appreciate you hosting this each week and certainly understand your "busyness"! With my slow hi-speed internet connection (sounds like an oxymoron, but it's the truth!!) I do well to visit just the few I look forward to each week. I wish I could get around to ALL the entries!

Your distracted securities guard provides some interesting shadows as well as your headless statue!

Joan said...

Oh my! :)
Have a great week, Tracy!

diane said...

I really enjoy participating in this prompt and seeing everyone's shadow shots. Thanks!

VaishVijay said...

Sort of reminds me 'Headless Nick' of Harry Potter!

Its fun to participate in this event:)

colleen said...

I love your shot -- I had to look closely -- and then the follow-up angle. This is my first time playing. My shot is here: http://www.looseleafnotes.com/wp/2011/05/lighten-your-load/

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Hope you are busy in a good way. I think the collage this week has some unusually great shadow shots. Your headless wonder is much improved with the silhouette of the guard, I think. A new visual icon. Goes with the headless one very well.

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

Thanks for hosting this meme...take it slow and easy, you don't need to visit us every week.There are just too many of us.
Rosie

helenmac said...

I love this subtle but stunning photo! Very intriguingly displayed as you accomplished with the guard!

Hope there is rest time as well as busy time ahead for you. Thank you for showcasing our work.

Jan Halvard said...

Muy bien!

Jan Halvard,
Noruega

Mama Zen said...

Really cool shots!

Just like Martha said...

Hi Trace, thanks for the great shadow collages yet again (never ceases to amaze me some of the weird and wonderful shadows that people capture), hope your Mothers Day was a happy one and you were poilt rotten just like you deserve! Have a good week, Lee x

Christine said...

First time post, on a less then perfect camera.

mollygolver said...

I love your shadow pic, Tracey!

Crazy as a Cool Fox said...

My post is a bit late but I made it for Sunday.

Christine said...

Subtle shadows, yes, but a great photos! I think I would very much enjoy touring an art gallery with you, Tracy! :)
Happy SSS to all!

Emakesart said...

I love that you take a lot of your SS in galleries. Very cool. And don't worry about visiting us... just do what you need to!

xoE

Emakesart said...

I love that you take a lot of your SS in galleries. Very cool. And don't worry about visiting us... just do what you need to!

xoE

Emakesart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emakesart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emakesart said...

OOOPSS!! It wouldn't post my comment so I kept hitting it, and now look at what I did! Sorry! And it won't let me delete! OOOOPs

xoE

Shydub said...

My entry was very late. thanks for hosting

http://www.tsangreqz.com/2011/05/shadow-shot-sunday-map/

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Interesting work of art...I wonder what the artist was trying to say. Nice SS. I hope you're busy doing fun stuff rather than tedious boring stuff :)

cat said...

I was away from computers for a good part of the weekend, so I missed Mister Linky -but I did post, if anyone wants to take a peek:
http://seaskystone.blogspot.com/2011/05/birds-flowers-shadows-and-moms.html
Thanks, as always, Tracy for being such a great host!!!