ginger cookies


With yesterday being a miserable old rainy day I decided to bake some cookies. They turned out quite yummy! I can't recall how much of what I used. Creamed some butter and sugar. Added an egg, some flour, a little salt and chopped up some crystallised ginger and tossed that in. Mixed away until it took on the form of something resembling cookie dough. Chilled the dough in the fridge for about an hour and then rolled into small balls. Placed the balls on a baking tray and gave them a little squish with a fork to flatten them slightly. Baked for about 10 mins, then placed on a rack. Once cooled I melted some white chocolate and drizzled it over the cookies. I think dark chocolate and ginger is a great combination but I didn't have any dark chocolate. Oh so tasty with a large glass of cold milk!

Nutritional value: I would guess to be a big fat zero!

Ok, I really need to do a blog post soon that doesn't revolve around food...