koala and green blobs


Earlier this week I visited the Currumbim Wildlife Sanctuary for the first time since I was a child. Which was a very long time ago! It really hasn't changed much over the years. I was watching the koala above and he climbed down from his tree and started walking along the ground. I've seen countless koalas in my lifetime but surprisingly this was the first time I'd ever seen one walking on the ground. It all looked so awkward and unnatural and I couldn't help but laugh at the little guy! Now I know why they prefer hanging out in trees than walking around. Possibly out of fear of people like me laughing at them. Sorry koala!


Later that same day I went along to the Brisbane Festival to watch the evening light laser show. Unfortunately I missed most of it and this photo is all I have to show of the event. A couple of green blobby bits floating in the sky. Oh well...