Shadow Shot Sunday #170

Gabba Gabba Hey! Shadow Shot Sunday!


Hi and welcome to SSS. If you’d like to join in, please do. How? Shoot a shadow, post it on your blog on Sunday (or close to Sunday), add your link to Mr Linky, and visit other players. First-time participants are required to click HERE for further info before submitting links. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the shadows!

Here's my Shadow Shot Sunday #170


I spied this lovely palm tree shadow at the entrance of a very sweet little Southern Moreton Bay Island cafe this week while waiting for my coffee.

And here's a pic of the exterior of Luke's Coffee. A cute islander hippy vibe happening there and they serve their coffee in old mismatched vintage tea cups which I found rather charming. The complimentary choccies were also a bonus!


Again, I'm so sorry to not have included the shadow gallery collages this week. I've been struggling with time management this month and failing miserably, but I know you guys understand as we're all in the same boat. We all have those weeks where there just aren't enough hours in the day. But that's ok. It all helps towards making us appreciate those quiter less busy times so much more! xo

Happy Sunday!

Shadow Shot Sunday Participants
1. Lisa's RetroStyle
2. Sweet Repose
3. Catherine
4. Magical Mystical Teacher
5. Rajesh, India
6. Ralph
7. Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio
8. EG Wow, Canada
9. BLOGitse
10. Gemma Wiseman's Greyscale
11. Hyde Daily Photo
12. Anne
13. Sylvia K
14. Kathe W.
15. HOOTIN' ANNI
16. Patti V.
17. robin-one still frame
18. RamblingWoods
19. chubskulit
20. Spice Up Your Life
21. John
22. Ms. Becky
23. Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life
24. Kathy Matthews OR USA
25. CrazyasaCoolFox Salem MA
26. The Summer KItchen Girls
27. Annabella
28. Crafty Gardener, Canada
29. Francisca in Dubai
30. Joy
31. CanadianGardenJoy
32. Mousy Brown
33. Molly
34. Molly
35. Gemma Wiseman's MP Daily
36. Twiggy Belgium
37. Magical Mystical Teacher #2
38. billsoPHOTO
39. Faith Hope & a whole lotta Love
40. Leovi - The Manifestation Of The Spirits
41. Rose
42. Tracey Todhunter
43. Paint or Dig
44. Cassie~visiting Pennsylvania
45. Lee Mills
46. Matou en Peluche
47. wonderland
48. Family Camping
49. Margaret Gosden
50. dianne
51. VM Sehy Photography
52. Kylie
53. Jo Williams Photography
54. genie~va~usa~Bud’s Self Portrait
55. Angie in Yanchep
56. COLLEEN@Loose Leaf Notes
57. Rose C.
58. Eden,Australia
59. Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA
60. Lighthousegal
61. alexa in nyc, usa
62. Pasando
63. Just Capture
64. John McElveen
65. Kay, Alberta, Canada
66. FiveSibes
67. Martin Lower
68. anjoe, Denmark
69. GITTAN SWEDEN
70. Buddha
71. Southwest Arkie- Coloring Outside the Lines
72. Sonishka - Far and Away
73. Moshi - S is for Sugar
74. Andy - Canada
75. Magical Mystical Teacher #3
76. Urban Muser
77. Lynn
78. joan
79. Kelly's Thoughts & Ramblings
80. roseredrose
81. hapzydeco
82. Veronica
83. Rosie, travel-i-tales
84. Talibah
85. sarala
86. Dawn Treader Sweden
87. Charlotta, Sweden
88. Heidi has a Hobby
89. E Makes Art
90. Surfside Serenity
91. Magical Mystical Teacher #4
92. Moments with Me and Mine
93. Leah
94. Carmen's Chronicles
95. MsRay
96. Shydub
97. Magical Mystical Teacher #5

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


Edit Monday Evening:
Mr Linky is now closed for this week and is having a sleep. Thank you!

Comments

BLOGitse said…
Hi Tracy from sunny and warm (not hot anymore) Helsinki!
Busy here too. It's not easy to balance with virtual and real life - now I know. Abroad I had more time to blog but now I'm far too busy to be that active virtually...but that's how life goes :)
Have a relaxing Sunday!
Gemma Wiseman said…
Somehow palm trees and shadows swing very nicely with a good coffee! Delightful photos!
Ralph said…
The looks of Brisbane you give us is of a beautiful city, sunny, warm and stylish. The palm shadow is exquisite, the fence lovely with all the flags draped around it. Yes, we cannot invent more time when we need it most, but being really busy is better than not. I guess a cup of coffee is what we need to keep going!
Kathe W. said…
lovely photos as always! No worries about the lack of time to post photos- we all can sympathize as life can be too hectic! Cheers!
Patti said…
Cool shadow from the palm tree.

That looks like a nice spot to relax and have a cup of coffee ~ and look for shadows!

I know what you mean about time flying by. It does indeed. Hope you have a quieter week, Tracy!

Thanks for hosting.
Ms. Becky said…
oh man, no need to explain about time getting away. it happens. your palm shadow is delightful!!! I love the curvature of the leaf. very nice shadow shot Tracy. I hope you're having a fantastic weekend, and thanks for hosting SSS every week.
Nice shadows :)
Tracy, I love your choices for this week; very pretty. I hear you about getting behind ... no worries; thanks so much for hosting for us.

Kathy M.
fredamans said…
I don't have a shot this week, but came to say Happy SSS!!!
DougVernX said…
I love the colour contrast with the black iron gates in the second shot.
Well of course we're all about using vintage tea cups;0) Glad you found enough time to enjoy a cup at this fun spot! Hopefully next week will be smooth sailing.
Karla & Karrie
Linda said…
great shadow of the palm ... choccies and tea in vintage cups, how wonderful
Anonymous said…
Hi Tracy - I know what you mean about being busy - Malcolm popped me into Mr Linky 4 hours ago, as I was out (I had scheduled the post to appear) and I am now catching up with leaving a comment on your super shadow shots!! Anne x
Francisca said…
It's said that great minds think alike... I very nearly posted the twin to your palm shadow shot. Ah, well, maybe next week. I totally get your tempus fugit blues. I wouldn't worry about it, though.
Mousy Brown said…
No palm trees for me but I hope you enjoy a bit of Welsh sunshine from this week! Hope the busy weeks calm down for you soon :D
Molly said…
I love the shadow shot of the palm tree too, Tracy. My Linky got itself in a bit of a twist and I had to re-post - sorry about that! Have a lovely weekend!
Annabella said…
Thanks for hosting Tracy - love the coffee in vintage saucers...and it`s great to see you including a palm tree and its gorgeous shadow. Happy SSS!
admin said…
I'm back!! loving your images. Hope you have some quieter times this week....I am always having to slow things down. XO
Sylvia K said…
I do understand how busy you have been -- I've been having some of the same problems!! Always love playing with the shadows though, thanks to you! Hope your weekend is going well! Love your captures for the day!

Sylvia
I know what you mean about busy weeks, hope life settles down for you - my first Shadow Shot Sunday - it was fun. Thank you
Unknown said…
I love your palm shadow shot, and of course any shots of Brisbane are gorgeous. Totally realate to the busyness of life at the moment.

Have a great week.
Cassie said…
Love the palm tree shadow! The coffee shop looks very hip and colorful.
Sounds like a great place for a cup of coffee and relaxing. Like the palm shadows and I always like fence shadows.
Hi Tracy, you poor thing don't apologise to us hey I struggle EVERY week with not enough hours in the day....hope you are having a RESTFUL weekend!
Sam said…
I do love palms! They are so architectural and wonderful! I also love that they are pretty historical. In Sydney for example you can tell how old a house is by the age and type of palm in a yard. The post WWI Federation cottages have enormous palms in their yards which I think reminded the inhabitants of their time in Egypt during the war. I think! Gosh look at me ramble on! :0) Sorry about that - very good shots as always my friend! XO's
gengen said…
Your entry really great one. Happy SSS! Mine is up.
A Wild Thing said…
I'm right there with ya sista on the time frame and when my PC is running slow, it takes forever for me to comment to my buds and with my limited summertime schedule, I just have to hang it up and go dig in the dirt before the snows fly...sign, but what a great lil' coffee shop and boy does that sound yummy...see ya later gal!
Dianne said…
your photos have a wonderful dreamy quality
I like the pattern of the palm tree shadow. Very intricate.
Although I'm not a coffee drinker, I think I'd visit Luke's Coffee simply because it looks like a quirky little place. In other words, my kind of place!

IF I HAD A SHADOW

If I had a shadow as big as the sky,
I never would fear, and I’ll tell you why:

My shadow would save me from dragons and things
That fly in the night with terrible wings;

My shadow would keep me away from the beast
That sniffs in the west and sniffs in the east,

Hungry for children who play all alone,
Hoping to feast upon blood, upon bone;

My shadow would be my protector and knight
To keep fear at bay, to banish all fright.

I’m so glad my shadow is always nearby,
Though it’s not nearly as big as the sky!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows in hoofprints and stone
colleen said…
Love the sweep of leaves and shadow mixed.
Eden said…
I love the palm tree shadows. Great shadow shots.
No worries, mate! (Do you say that to women?) Your palm shadows and blue-green happy hippie vibe are enough entertainment for one week's blog entry.

We went camping for a few days and it was so great to do NOTHING. Except take photos, of course.

http://www.lovethatimage.com/blog/2011/08/sunlight-on-a-forest-path/
Lighthousegal said…
Luke's looks like a fun place to have a cup of coffee, or something else for those of us that don't care for coffee. Very clorful and cheery place. Nice shadow shot too, as always. You may be busy, but you always find interesting shadows to share.
Alexa said…
I'm rather partial to that palm tree too. Know exactly how hard it is to do it all—and I think you're amazing for hosting this fun meme!
We always appreciate the time it takes to post the photo collages, so not having them every now and then causes no one any distress. Well, if it does, all I can say is, life is too short! Always a treat to stop by here and participate! Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess with the mostess!
Full-On-Forward said…
Tracy,

I can sooo relate to the palm tree, being from FL and now in SC! GREAT Shadow shots this week!

Love the Colors!!!!




John
FiveSibesMom said…
Totally understand the time management issue. It is sometimes quite the juggling act to balance! Love your palm tree shadow shot! This week, sleepy Sibe Wolf had shadows dancing across his sweet face while he was snuggled down in the bed covers and instantly I knew it would be my shadow shot! Thanks again for hosting; just love participating! Happy Sunday!
Martin Lower said…
Two pictures for the price of one today!
Anonymous said…
Forget the collages! It's more important to take a break and relax, and when you, too, get photos to SSS at same time it's great ;-)
Have a nice week!
urban muser said…
hope things settle down a bit for you soon! love the palm tree shot.
Lynn said…
Lovely shadow shot and love the idea of coffee in the mismatched vintage china cups - I'll bet the coffee tastes so much better in those. Sounds like you had a lovely day and makes me want to visit Brisbane and environs. Thank you for taking the time to host SSS - I do like visiting blogs and seeing everyone's different take on shadows etc
Lynn said…
Lovely shadow shot and love the idea of coffee in the mismatched vintage china cups - I'll bet the coffee tastes so much better in those. Sounds like you had a lovely day and makes me want to visit Brisbane and environs. Thank you for taking the time to host SSS - I do like visiting blogs and seeing everyone's different take on shadows etc
Anonymous said…
Love palm trees.
Free chocolate! That would be a very nice place. :)
Kelly said…
The coffe shop sounds like a fun place to go! I like your top shot, too. Palm branches make quite interesting shadows.
Unknown said…
I am fantasizing. Happily at home on the couch but would love to be there drinking a coffee too. Sounds lovely.
Love the palm fronds, and coffee in vintage cups - how lovely.
Rosie
Charlotta said…
Fantastic palm tree shadow. :)
Андрей said…
dude, thank you very much. i hopethis info will be useful for you, and there туры в Черногорию lot of intresting info.
E Makes Art said…
I love the palm shadow! And I raise my mismatched cup filled with coffee to quieter times ahead *clink* Have a great week Tracy :-)

xoE
Barbara said…
I love the art of photography and am always so pleased when I capture interesting light and shadow!  Here is my first Shadow Shot Sunday post.

Peace!
RNSANE said…
It's amazing how many wonderful shadows one finds,now that your meme has alert me to be aware of them!
Sounds like a neat little coffee shop. Maybe I'll visit it sometime soon...I'd like that :) Lovely frond shadows! Hope your next month takes a slower turn.
Shydub said…
Thats an awesome shot. btw, my entry is very late

http://www.tsangreqz.com/2011/08/shadow-shot-sunday-3/
forgetmenot said…
Plant shadows are always pretty. I actually posted a SS pic, but then forgot to come over and list it!! How dumb am I--don't answer that!!! I'll try to get it right next week--always enjoy participating in this meme. Have a great week. Mickie :)