a bit of stylin' up


This is something I purchased from a vintage/retro collectables store many years ago. It was labelled as a '1960s interactive art piece - artist unknown' and the interactive parts of the piece are simply those red and white panels that slide in and out and can be changed around. Now years later since the purchase and three houses down the track I had this idea to fill up the blank panels with mini artworks. The plan was to fill it with mini artworks/photos created by other people but as I don't currently have enough on hand I've used all my own photos. Which feels kind of weird because I've never displayed my own art/photos in my home before. So anyway, after some quick calculations I went about cutting up 48 of my TtV photos into ACEO sizes (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and tada...





And after all that I've decided that I prefer the look of the piece as it originally was purchased. Bugger. I'll leave it as it is for now due to the time I spent on cutting up all those photos, and with any luck it may yet grow on me. Although I suspect in the not too distant future a new section will likely be added to my etsy shop called ACEO TtV Photo SALE with 48 items listed...