Ok, I was tagged by the very talented Aussie artist Esta Sketch a little while back to post 7 random or weird facts about myself. So here they are...
1) I know every single word of dialogue from the film Harold & Maude.
2) I know all the lyrics to each & every song from the film Harold & Maude.
3) I can play an adequate rendition on the xylophone of my favourite song from Harold & Maude.
4) I've been obsessively searching for years for recipes for Oat Straw Tea & Ginger Pie after discovering it in a scene from Harold & Maude.
5) 36 years after the initial release of Harold & Maude, the Holy Grail of unreleased soundtracks was finally released. A limited edition (2500 copies) on vinyl only. I've just become the proud owner of one of those 2500 records.
6) I will be living on 2-minute noodles for the next month.
7) I don't own a record player.
wasn't that riveting...
and now a little excerpt from the Harold & Maude screenplay...
Psychiatrist - That's very interesting, Harold, and I think, very illuminating. There seems to be a definite pattern emerging. And, of course, this pattern, once isolated, can be coped with. Recognize the problem, and you are halfway on the road to its, uh, its solution. Uh, tell me, Harold, what do you do for fun? What activity gives you a different sense of enjoyment from the others? Uh, what do you find fulfilling? What gives you that...special satisfaction?
Harold - I go to funerals.
I won't tag anyone with the '7 random facts' thingy, but if anyone wants to play along please do so. I forget what the rules are. If you don't know already, just make them up. It's more fun that way. I'm sure Maude would agree! Maybe not Harold though.